- Name: Julian Lamberti
- Position at the agency: Print account manager on Nissan
- What you really do: I make print happen (no how to juggle workflow and make the impossible….possible
- Why did you get into Advertising? Worked as a digital machine minder had to do presentations, tenders for agency like the creative environment (freedom to think out of the box )
- Why are manhole covers round? Coz if they were square if would be easier to fall into them
- If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? Bruce Lee he has a power full mind and he’s body movements are sick show me anybody that can play table tennis with a nun chuck
- How would you explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew? It’s a collection of info stored away in a separate boxes for later usage
- If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want? I would to be there personal trainer coz my planet won’t have obese people
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be? To be able to shoot spider webs from my hands would be kwl to swing your way
- If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time? I would live everyday as it was my last…..go do crazy stuff cage dive with crocodiles skydive again rap jump so the last six months will be well worth it
- If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be? I want to be a pizza with nacho’s and avo coz it just taste so dam good
- What are you passionate about? I have to say writing poetry and no I’m not a softy gym…….fast cars……modelling
- What advice would you give to a someone thinking of studying advertising? It’s the best choice to make if you want to be creative every day and get paid for it why not
- Name: Juanne Coetzee
- Position at the agency: Head of Search & Analytics
- What you really do: Jump through hoops for Google
- Why did you get into Advertising? I’ve always been intrigued by how the top brands manage to get their logos, products and services out there for everyone to see. The power of advertising continuously compels me.
- Why are manhole covers round? “Reasons for the shape include: A round manhole cover cannot fall through its circular opening, whereas a square manhole cover may fall in if it were inserted diagonally in the hole.” Source: Wikipedia – Interesting! We learn something new every day!
- If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be? Definitely Matt Cutts, head of Google’s web spam team. Imagine how elite I’d be with all the newly acquired inside info and insights as to how Google’s algorithms work!
- How would you explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew? A list of names, numbers and other information that is stored in one place that can be accessed and retrieved at any time. Oh wait, that’s only one sentence…
- If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want? Control over all their precious minerals and resources.
- If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be? The ability to instantly charm and befriend my supervillain arch nemesis…?
- If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time? I’d take my wife with me to go see the world for defs, yo!
- If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be? Something greasy and unhealthy for sure. You are what you eat after all.
- What are you passionate about? Search, metal and MMA!
- What advice would you give to someone thinking of studying advertising? Advertising ideas consist more out of out-the-box thinking rather than what’s being fed to you, so to me it’s always important keep your mind open!
It’s that time of year again where the South African community celebrates the legacy that is Nelson Mandela with Mandela Day. This year Artifact chose to donate their 67 minutes to one of their nearest and dearest CSI initiatives, Sparrow Schools, by donating R670 for painting supplies and their time to paint doors in much need of restoration at the Sparrow Foundation School in Melville, Johannesburg.
Sparrow is a non-profit organisation that provides affordable, specialised education to disadvantaged children with learning disabilities between the ages of 7 and 18. As Albert Einstein once said ‘I never teach my pupils, I only provide the conditions in which they can learn’ and Artifact hopes to have added positively to the restored conditions of the school to open the door to opportunity for these pupils to succeed and become contributing members of society.
To see the photos, follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152353917552732.1073741829.357697992731&type=1
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of Sparrow’s pupils via a donation or taking part in the Sparrow educate-a-child programme to continue the legacy of Madiba on a daily basis, contact Pearl Nkosi on 011 482 1015.
We recently met with some international clients from the Amsterdam Dominos team! We wanted to give them a warm Artifact welcome as well as give them a feel for what it is like to be an African!
On the 28th June at Infiniti Centres all around the country it was time to #followthatinstinct with the opportunity to be one of the first to test drive the stunning Infiniti Q50. After a build up campaign that was literally running through your DNA, the day was a huge success.